Introducing Bo De Toilette
By Chris Dempsey LM64
As my second potty nickel match following "The Woodsman," I thought this carver wouldn't be as much fun to name. Ultimately, it turned out this one was even more fun. Here is a short list of names I went through to come up with the name for this carver: Porcelain Pete, Barry Dingle, Scrappy, Squeezy, Stinker Von Thinker, Shooter, The Baker, and The Royal Commodian. And those are just the cleaner ones. Ultimately, per the usual, I was encouraged by cleaner minds to take the high road. As such, I chose "Bo de Toilette," a play on words from the French "Eau de Toilette."
The carving characteristics for "Bo De Toilette" are as follows:
- Buffalo re-carved into squatting hobo leaning forward defecating.
- Small rounded eye and carved nose/mouth.
- Front legs re-carved into human legs and feet look.
- Sleeved arm tucking hands under the brim of his hat.
- Large buttocks sits on a commode.
- Standard derby with a simple brim.
- Profile of buffalo re-carved into the face of a man with beard.
- Folds of pants/shirt carved by utilizing single cuts above and to the left of buttocks.
- Legend and denomination left intact.