Introducing No Neck
By Bill Fivaz
"No Neck" is a nicknamed early hobo nickel maker. He was nicknamed by Bill Fivaz in the April 1996 issue of BoTales, based on the appearance of a man with no neck, as the collar is placed up very high on the bust. The collar is formed by two deep parallel grooves.
Other diagnostic characteristics of hobo nickels by "No Neck" are:
- The shallow hat with a zigzag hat band;
- The ear overlapping the hat brim;
- Punched hair-beard-mustache;
- The feathers are not removed and the braid on the neck is poorly dressed;
- The profile is unaltered;
- His works are found on 1913 nickels.