Arturo DelFavero RM552, Chris Dempsey LM 64
An unusual classic carving was won by Chris Dempsey in the early part of 2016. As I recall, the selling eBay member posted a poor quality photo, so the coin went for a moderate price. Upon viewing the offering Chris noticed that this work had potential matches which included a pairing with one in his collection. A triad of matches was soon achieved; this met the criteria for nicknaming.
A few names were mentioned, one being S.E. Grin, this being my personal favorite. Ultimately we settled on Chris's choice. He had noticed a dice shape on the hat bow of two specimens, and this feature ended up as a natural lead to his nickname.
1) Hat with accent lines
2) Pointed end hat bow with dice shaped center (on two specimens only).
3) High on head pointed lobed ears.
4) Head and facial hair created with short graver marks.
5) Enhanced eyes.
6) Enhanced noses with extended nostrils.
7) Enhanced cheeks.
8) Extreme profile changes.
9) Enhanced grinning mouths (teeth added on one example) rare.
10) Very similar collars with accent lines and stick pin added.
11) LIBERTY left; dates removed in lieu of added detail.
12) Neck area very clean.
13) Field work clean.